An Obituary: JACQUES DERRIDA

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Study of Himalayan conditions is a serious issue

I drove to Gaurikund with my wife and small kids in 1996 and then on foot we went 14 Km.  to Kedarnath in 8 hours. Kedar Dome stood an unconquered full of ice forming the background of Kedarnath Temple. Next day we came downhill on foot which took 5 hours. On return I drove to Gangotri  via Bahirav Ghati stayed at Harshil the drove to Badrinath via Joshimath. While coming back I had to drive through actual rocks rolling down from the hillbut somehow I dared and no rock hit the car. There was 1 big landslide near Tehri town and I was forced to leave highway take a detour and drive through narrow town lanes. What I suggest that the time is overdue for the scientists to study Himalayan conditions. Otherwise laymen and self proclaimed experts will have their say. This is a very very serious issue for our country and for the world climate. Why not use the 'drone' technology for minimizing disasters?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home